May 24, 2011

Peekaboo Nopal


Hey guys! Sorry for the poor quality of today's photos. I left home in such a hurry tonight that I forgot my camera!.... Luckily, I had my iphone with me so I could still take a photo of this big cactus I found! 
For the ones who don't know it... The nopal Cactus is a well known Mexican symbol, it is part of the Aztec Mythology and it's even on the Mexican flag. This national symbol produces a delicious fruit called "tuna" (prickly pear), which is One of my favourite fruits! You can also shave off the thorns and eat the flesh! It is such a nutritious plant full of dietary fiber! If you are ever visiting Mexico, make sure you try it! ; )
These past few days since I arrived in Mexico have been very relaxing! Nothing like when I am in Montreal! I've been spending quality time with my family and friends and "enjoying" or should I say... enduring the heat....
Tomorrow's forecast in Irapuato? 37 degrees! :o My Canadian friends might feel jealous.....Or not?... I find it a bit too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment